We know some kids who are extremely happy it’s Spring and they can finally reclaim their playground from the snow!Posted by Saucon Valley Community Center on Monday, March 22, 2021
We are very proud to share with you all that SVCC will be receiving an award on May 25th at Dimmick Park sponsored by the Hellertown-Lower Saucon Chamber. The Chamber’s annual event, Honors and H’oeuveres, will honor the Saucon Valley Community Center’s team by awarding them the 2021 “Champion Non-profit Award”. The award recognizes the center for going the extra mile in spite of the challenges they have encountered. The SVCC Board of Directors have offered to pay for all staff members to attend this award ceremony on May 25th at 5:15-7:00.
On this date, May 25th, the Center will close at 5:00 PM to support SVCC staff to attend the awards ceremony to receive this award as a team. This is a true honor for the community center and our teachers truly deserve this award. Thank you in advance for making arrangements to pick up your children by 5:00 on this date: Tuesday, May 25, 2021 to enable the teachers to attend.
Congratulations to our team and all the other award recipients!
Check out this year’s award recipients!
– Champion Non-Profit: Saucon Valley Community Center
– Community Lifestyle: The Team at Heintzelman Funeral Homes
– Community Partner: Dewey Fire Company & EMS, Lower Saucon Fire Rescue, & Steel City Volunteer Fire Co.
– Good Samaritan: Westley Morris of Saucon Valley Massage Therapy
– Small Business Leadership: Black River Farms
SOME IMPORTANT REMINDERS:
- Please pull up to the curb, into the spot next to the playground or into 15 minute parking on Saucon St. when dropping off and picking up children. Some folks have been blocking Northampton Street by parking in the street which is affecting the flow of traffic. Thank you for your anticipated support in making the neighborhood safe for all.
- Please wear a mask at drop off and pick up at the Center. We all forget sometimes. When we reopened in July 2020, we had to develop and submit a Covid 19 Plan to DHS (Dept of Human Services) who regulate our program and grant us a license to provide care. An important part of this plan is masks being worn by adults and children 3 years and up at all times. This plan is still in place for the health and safety of all. If the Center is reported to DHS for not following this plan the Center is at risk of being cited and possibly losing our License to operate. Thank you all!!
- If you know anyone who loves to work with children, we are looking for teachers. Our program is growing like the “Little Engine that Could”. Have them give Roberta a call.
- As we move forward into Spring, the children will be planting seeds, exploring the outdoors, watching for Rainbows and learning what Dinosaurs eat.
- I will be getting the Sunscreen Permission forms ready to send home soon, time to start thinking of sunny outdoor activities and sun safety.
Click on the link above to learn more about autism and what you can do to help raise awareness!
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That’s why we call it the present.” Winnie the Pooh